🌞🌞 🌚🌚Urban series by dakini.hu, New York series, 2010 πŸ’™πŸ’™

Dear Friends!


I spent my 35 th Birthday in NYC, in China Town, in the DiamondWay Buddhist center, with New Yorker immigrant friends from Poland, Russia, Germany, etc.


We had fun and visited one of my favorite Museums, (MOMA, MET, TATE, MOCA, LOUVRE) 

the Rubin Museum of Art.

Rubin Museum of Art

I also spent time sitting under the Brooklyn Bridge under the sun after my meditation in DWBC, NYC.

Under Brooklyn Bridge No 1- No 2  are one of my fav paintings.


KRISZTINA ASZTALOS OFFICIAL WEBSITE (dakini.hu)







Under the Brooklyn Bridge No 1, 2009

acrylic on canvas

60x80 cm, 23,6x31,5 in








Under the Brooklyn Bridge No 1, 2010

10x15 cm, 4x6 in, 2010

acrylic on paper



The 10 small postcard-sized NYC artworks by dakini.hu  were about to send to

 a Hong-Kong

based gallery, 

finally turned out to be a Vanity Gallery, 

which I declined to work with.

Professional artists never pay for a gallery to be exhibited or presented right after the gallery curated the artworks...













Few paintings on my website and every urban painting in my book were published in 2019.






The Urban Art Stock by Krisztina Asztalos Fine Artist - Budapest (wixsite.com)


The Urban Art Stock by Krisztina Asztalos fine artist by Krisztina Asztalos | Blurb Books



Urban, New York series is mainly the memory of my 35 th birthday and stay in New York City.


My favorite places in NYC: China Town, Russian and Italian district, Brooklyn, Chelsea area.

It is just a feeling, one can't explain, there are places we simply feel HOME.


I have wonderful memories of NYC.


I spent Valentine's day, my Birthday in NYC in 2009, we had a great exhibit and I spent quality time in the biggest museums of NYC.


Originally I traveled to NYC to take part in the Freedom and Art exhibit ( protest for the freedom of Aung San Suu Kyi) in  Beacon, NY with the Mirca Art Group.


Our first meeting was at the top of the Empire State Building.


Not much to add, I love New York 

as I love

Paris and Los Angeles.






πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡





No cities will make me lonely

but free.


I am HAPPY!





More artworks and photos about my New

 York stay and published book in 2019 

on IG:















Music inspirations:






































I have a  New York series about my stay, I wished I stayed a bit longer.



Few words about Urban paintings:

Urban paintings were inspired by recent studies and own experiences about the undiscovered links between the human mind and quantum physics, ungrasped consciousness and illusions, coincidences, and synchronicities.
 
Urban series are depicting the multicolor vibration of metropolises with humor and a bit of sarcasm, personal responses for happenings of urban society, local themes connected to Hungarian, European, American culture, Budapest, Paris, New York. New artworks are about the huge control by mass media, the intense urban-, global-, electrical-, chemical pollution, and also reflecting the new and fashionable trends in urban society.







Urban series depicting New York:
„ New York …a metropolis noisy, lively, extremely rushy. The experience of the rhythm of this city was a great inspiration for me in creating from the 2009 urban series „ New York”…


My previous Urban series was created  about Paris and Hungarian suburbs while  I lived  8 months in Paris 1996-97…Why I like the urban theme is for a special discovery in colors and  shapes and techniques,  as an artistic challenge dealing with: „the order in chaos- and chaos in order.”

Just a short note about the previous urban theme  „Urban jungle, Paris, and suburb” Urban jungle of metropolis itself is such an exciting theme: Skyscrapers, urban radiation, and city rush with neon lights, the monochrome tones of the city have a special characteristic for me I considered worth depicting on canvas. In Paris, I painted two series: Eiffel and Notre Dame using the rhythm of black and white and also the vibration of colors: it was for me the voice of the city and truly was a sensational and exciting topic.
I especially do love and felt inspired by Piet Mondrian’s abstract series „broadway boogie-woogie” as a start for my Urban series.

Urban paintings -  depicting urban life with figurative elements.
For keeping fresh and innovative all my artworks and my artistic style main concept is: „Drop your concepts!”

The whole collection of urban series was exhibited in Witten, Germany in 2013.



πŸ’™πŸ’™







πŸ’™πŸ’™


































🌞🌞

🌚🌚

Comments