Mother Earth by dakini.hu 13/09/1993

 



Mother Earth

Charcoal on paper

50 x70 cm, 

Africa, Angola

13 September 1993


More African artworks in my book:


https://www.blurb.com/books/1328034-elements




Staying in Angola, Africa I had the privilege to get to know African mothers, families and made portraits of them. Seeing the giant poverty and injustice and sick children made a deep impact on my art and those tragic circumstances I saw there

made me create lots of paintings, small sketches, portraits of mothers, children, Desert of Namibia.

I met young black and white Africans with AIDS illnesses, malaria, illnesses that did not even exist in Europe due to vaccinations,  most of the vaccinations African children can't get.

African culture, people, and land stayed a wonderful memory in my heart.









Comments