I πŸ’˜ Paris IV. 9 - 13 September, 2020 - The Church of Saint Nicolas des Champs

The Church of Saint Nicolas des Champs was a discovery on my way back from Notre Notre-Dame de Paris.


I met a Cambodian beggar, a homeless man who stood in the gate,

I gave him a coin.

He was a very peaceful and happy man, with large shiny eyes.


He pointed his fingers to the top of the church and said to me:

be blessed by St Nicolas.

I pointed on his heart and said: I do not need blessing.

You need a blessing. I said in French. TU, TU, TU 

He stood there with folded hands.

I as well folded my hands, we were smiling to the eyes of each other for a while.

I said farewell while he gazed into space, he completely was "switched off"

and smiling happily.


I swiftly entered the church.

I entered to midday mass, I prayed for the deceased of COVID-19 and for Humanity.

He already disappeared when I left the gate.



















More info:

https://www.spottinghistory.com/view/4394/saint-nicholas-des-champs-church/



Comments