"Tiger butterfly" painting by dakini.hu - Retrospective

Tiger butterfly painting by dakini.hu







Source:










Source:







Source:




Dear Friends!

When I was a child, I admired butterflies.
My favorite butterfly was tiger-striped.
We had tiger-striped butterflies in Hungary in my area.
This butterfly was pale yellow with black stripes.
I gazed this graceful creature at the backyard of my grandparents and
in a white birch forest, we called simply paper forest.

The paper forest contained symmetrically planted white birch trees at the backyard of my grandparents.

White birch trees planted to be cut and be future paper.
I always had mixed emotions being in this forest.

But there were colorful butterflies as red admiral and 
tiger butterflies to chase for me there and my sister.

When I was 16 years old 
I painted in
 my math exercise book
a butterfly, that was a rainbow tiger butterfly.

I was wondering why I have chosen the colors of the tiger butterfly
rainbow instead of pale yellow yesterday.

The answer is in the simple, in the quality of the wings I learned not a long time ago from a  great scientist I admire and watch on the national geographic channel by chance.:

Sir David Attenborough as I all him.

The wing of the butterfly is not blue colored, but the reflection of the light
sends blur color into our retina.

My tiger butterfly is rainbow-colored because the light on it's the wing originally
rainbow-colored.

Check the light with a prism.

p.s. 

I saw this image and text, which made me think about my old painting and tiger butterfly.
Seems like every image "pushed" in front of my eye on the internet has a message for me to analyze. But sometimes I am not ready to understand and sometimes I click immediately.
This is progress that makes me joy in my last 3 days od quarantine, I received because I traveled to Paris, my home town in my heart. I love you Paris, no matter if I was punished with  14 days of "prison" and strict police control to save my "Health" and to dare to love you.

LOL

C'est la Vie.

When one able to pick up all part of the missing mosaic of one's life, feel pure joy. As I  call for decades: the "ancient mosaic"'s parts are very important to notice, to understand and live life.

๐Ÿ’˜





"A plain tiger butterfly visits a bougainvillea

Take a gander at this beauty: A body accented by chic black-and-white polka dots supports wings of tawny gold, trimmed in bands of exquisite patterning. If there was a Paris Fashion Week for insects, the plain tiger butterfly would rule the runways. And you read that name right: ‘plain.’ Other variations of tiger butterflies, including the tiger swallowtail and orange tiger, show bolder and darker wing vein stripes. So our friend here is left with its rather bland common name.

Widely distributed throughout China, India, Africa, and southern Europe, this beauty has been charming us humans for quite some time: There’s a 3,500-year-old fresco in Luxor, Egypt depicting a plain tiger butterfly."




Comments