I 💘 Paris XIV. 9 - 13 September, 2020 - The Arénés de Lutéce II.

 

Arènes de Lutèce


Dear Friends!


I still have plenty of pictures of my stay in Paris.


I slowly collect my pictures as I would like to find the best ones to share.


Here I post the pictures of my neighbor, "The Arénés de Lutéce", next to the Hotel Arenés.


"The "Arénés de Lutéce" are among the most important ancient Roman remains from the era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Constructed in the 1st century AD, this theatre could once seat 15,000 people and was used also as an amphitheater to show gladiatorial combats.

The terraced seating surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, more typical of an ancient Greek theatre rather than a Roman one which was semi-circular."









https://www.parisdiscoveryguide.com/arenes-de-lutece.html






































 









Comments