I 💘 Paris XVIII. 9 - 13 September, 2020 - Louvre IV. - Way back to Hotel

 

Louvre















The Louvre (English: /ˈlv(rə)/ LOOV(-rə)[3]), or the Louvre Museum (FrenchMusée du Louvre [myze dy luvʁ] (About this soundlisten)), is the world's largest art museum and a historic monument in ParisFrance. A central landmark of the city, it is located on the Right Bank of the Seine in the city's 1st arrondissement (district or ward). Approximately 38,000 objects from prehistory to the 21st century are exhibited over an area of 72,735 square meters (782,910 square feet).
In 2019, the Louvre received 9.6 million visitors, making it the most visited museum in the world.

https://www.louvre.fr/en/



Dear Friends!

I continue to share my memories of the Paris stay.

I felt like visiting the Louvre and have a coca-cola at "Le Café Marly"
and sitting and contemplating, watching the lights and shapes of the three pyramids of the Louvre Museum.

I always did that while I lived in Paris.

Luckily in 1996-97,  I spent long months inside the Museum with a student card. I copied the sculptures while I studied drawing.

To get to the Museum from Rue Monge was easy and pleasant.
Although on the way back to Hotel des Arenés, I lost my metro ticket and paid a fine 35 EUR.

We say such a life, C'est la vie.


Despite these small issues, at the end of the day, I made a mistake by being not cautious enough, I enjoyed my stay in the courtyard of the Louvre.










 







































 












































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Comments